2022 Award "Best Practice in Citizen Participation"
Álava: Araba a Punto
Addressing loneliness is a complex challenge. This makes it important to implement strategies that address this challenge from a
comprehensive and community perspective. Staggered strategies with a vision not only in the short term but also with a broad view of the medium and long term. In order to achieve their development, inter-institutional coordination, collaboration between public and private organizations, the third sector and citizens in general, and the improvement of services with the implementation of quality indicators and evaluation of results will be essential.
The collective construction strategy "Araba a Punto", has four strategic objectives that are concretized in Action Plans, practical and connected to the reality of the rural environment of Alava.
It defends as a general framework, a work model focused on weaving networks, spinning meeting points between different people, agents and institutions, from the activation of individual responsibility, community solidarity and the guarantee and support of public service.
The most innovative approach of the initiative is:
- The way in which it is built in a collaborative, participatory way, a co-design between the target community itself, the public institution and the involvement of private partners.
- The creation of a network of Schools for the Prevention of Loneliness, because, as Jean Michel Quinodóz says:
"Loneliness has two faces: it can be a deadly counselor, but when tamed, it can become an infinitely precious friend."
The focus of this project is to create a school to "tame" unwanted loneliness and prevent the negative and devastating effects it can have on those who suffer from it. There are objective circumstances that can trigger this feeling, but it is important to equip oneself with tools and resources that help to face them in a satisfactory way in order to go through the different moments of life in a full and gratifying way.
- Its deployment in its four strategic objectives:
1. STRENGTHENING SOCIAL SUPPORT
LINE 1.1. AWARENESS RAISING /PL.1. COMMUNITY ACTION PLAN.
- Dynamize and expand the motor group
- Selection of awareness-raising actions
- Digital mapping-visibilization of resources
- Forum of municipalities in Alava against loneliness
2. INCREASE SOCIAL SKILLS
LINE 2.1.PREVENTION /PL.1. TRAINING PLAN
- "Bakardadeak" eskola- pilot project
- Elaboration of a Guide to establish a Prevention School in the municipalities of Alava.
- Didactic unit for students of compulsory secondary education (ESO) to raise their awareness and involve them in the initiative.
- Training for care service professionals.
- Citizen Laboratories against loneliness
3 INCREASE SOCIAL INTERACTION
LINE 3.1.PARTICIPATION / PL.3 INCLUSION AND MEETING OPPORTUNITIES PLAN
- Inclusion and recognition. Fight against ageism - ADINA AWARDS
- Technology and digital divide
- Solidarity intergenerational coexistence "Antidote to loneliness".
- Media Forum against loneliness
4 TO PROMOTE RESEARCH AND INNOVATION IN THE FIELD OF LONELINESS.
LINE 4.1. RESEARCH AND INNOVATION / PL.3 RESEARCH AND INNOVATION SUPPORT PLAN
- Loneliness Observatory
- Research grants "Araba innova".
- Silver economy: Services and activities fair for a full aging.
This proposal has been rejected because:
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?