2021 Award "Best Practice in Citizen Participation"
15th Edition 2021
Supports are subject to the following rules:
- You can support up to 5 proposals.
Peace building program "Pégate al parche más grande" (Manizales)
In order to describe the actions that are being carried out in the peace-building programme “Pégate al parche más grande” (Stick to the biggest patch), it is important to understand the phenomena of interpersonal violence, behaviours contrary to coexistence in young people, and the consumption of psychoactive substances.
Underlying these three superficial phenomena, to which can be added suicidal behaviour, are behavioural problems and alterations in some biological systems, which we must intervene hand in hand with the health sector; however, beneath the biological factors there are complex social systems, and even below these social systems, there are living conditions, which make the problem much more serious. The programme has tried to have an impact on the root of these phenomena, on living conditions. It is for this reason that the programme has a number of strategies to be implemented in the programme, which are mentioned below:
1. Deployment, training and supervision of a multidisciplinary mobile team of psychosocial assistance.
2. Establishment of temporary psychosocial support centres in camps and host communities;
3. Organisation of cultural and socio-relational activities, creative and art-based activities, rituals and celebrations, sports and games, non-formal education and informal learning activities;
4. Counselling and support groups and training in counselling methods; 5;
5. Referral mechanisms for people with severe mental disorders; interpretation; cultural mediation; and strengthening national mental health systems.
6 Integration of a mental health perspective into the protection framework for vulnerable people affected by conflict.
This proposal has been accepted because:
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
You are seeing a single comment
You can check the rest of the comments here.
La mejor iniciativa de inclusión para la comunidad!
Loading comments ...